- We accept consignments on Monday's and Wednesday's between 10:30AM - 4:00PM only.
- We only accept in season items. We will not review out of season items during your drop off.
- In addition, please do not bring in worn footwear. Shoes and boots are accepted in new condition only.
- Your items will be processed within 24-72 hours of drop off.
- Scroll down to read our full Consignment Agreement.
Before The Drop Off:
Please inspect your items very carefully beforehand. The cleanliness and appearance of your garments is crucial. When selecting items for consignment, ask yourself if they are in the condition in which YOU would like to buy them. The better your items look when you bring them in, the faster they will sell! Take the extra time to make sure items look up to their full potential by making any repairs or touch-ups and removing any stains that exist. These few extra minutes of care can make the difference between selling and not.
Please don’t take our pickiness personally. We are very selective based on demand, our clientele, our previous experience with similar merchandise & what’s currently on hand in our inventory. We only take items that are freshly laundered, pressed, smoke and odor free, and in like-new condition. We do not accept damaged items with stains, tears, piling, pet hair, missing buttons or broken zippers. Any items that are found damaged after initial inspection will be sold at a discount or donated at our discretion without further notice.
- Our consignment period is 90 days only. All items must remain on consignment for the entire 90 day consignment period - no exceptions. It is the consignor's responsibility to keep track of the 90 days.
- After your 90 day consignment period has ended and consignments are not picked up they become property of The Label Exchange. The items will then either be sold at 100% profit to The Label Exchange or donated.
- If you want to pick up your unsold items, please call in advance to schedule a pick-up appointment prior to your item's expiration date. We are unable to pull your items on the spot - no exceptions.
- We reserve the right to donate damaged items at any time during your consignment period.
- The Label Exchange is not responsible for theft or damages that may occur in the store.
- Selling counterfeit or knock-off items is a violation of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, Section 42-110b. By submitting items for consignment the consignor verifies, confirms, and warrants that items are authentic and not counterfeit or knock offs.
- Pricing is decided by The Label Exchange.
- Markdowns are taken ANYTIME during your consignment period.
- For items sold during the 90 day consignment period we will pay the consignor:40% of the final selling price for items priced under $20050% of the final selling price for items priced over $200
Please note: We do use online re-sale sites as additional sales outlets. If your item sells on any of these sites the consignor is paid 40%/50% of the selling price minus any associated fees.Our Quarterly Payout System:
- Check payments for items sold are mailed on a quarterly basis to all accounts with a balance off $30 or more.
- A $6.00 service fee will be deducted from each quarterly check.
- We do not offer cash payouts.
- Balances that do not meet the $30 minimum can be used as store credit and the store credit never expires.Checks will be generated on-
- March 15th for items sold between December 1st - February 28th
- June 15th for items sold between March 1 - May 31st
- September 15th for items sold between June 1st - August 31st
- December 15th for items sold between September 1st - November 30th
- Your check will be mailed out on the 15th of those months.